Saturday, February 22, 2014

FAQ Vegetarian Questions

This is sort of a continuation of my "My Journey: Becoming Vegetarian" post. But I really wanted to share some of my answers to the many questions I get about being vegetarian. 

I usually get asked about...

How long I've been vegetarian? 
     Since Thanksgiving day 2010.

Do I eat fish?
     No, one being that I don't really like fish, and was never raised eating it. Also, being vegetarian means not eating any meat, and fish is meat..so....yeah.

What do I miss about eating meat?
     I don't really miss anything about it that much, if I did I would've gone back to eating it. But I guess if I missed anything it would be the availability and the accessibility, most of the time it's a hassle to have to order vegetarian or eat vegetarian when I go to other people's houses, but in the long run, it's really not that big of a deal.

Why did I become a vegetarian?
     I kind of answered this in my other post, but basically it was because I wanted a change in not only my diet, but in my life. Also, I always thought being vegetarian was fascinating and wanted to just give it a try. 

Where do you get your protein?
    Sigh....this question gets me every time. I get my protein from fruits and vegetables, and some from beans. I eat enough fruits and vegetables that I get plenty of plant based protein. 

So can you only eat vegetables? (literally have been asked this multiple times)
     Being vegetarian does not mean that you only eat vegetables, although the name is somewhat deceiving. But a vegetarian diet is not eating meat, thats it. Personally, I choose to eat a primarily plant-based vegetarian diet. But that doesn't mean that's the only way to eat vegetarian. You can eat a wide range of foods that don't include meat.

Can I eat meat in front of you? (again, get asked this all the time)
     Yes, of course. I have no problem with meat, people eating it...or even me cooking it. There are some vegetarians that can't stand to even look at it, but I honestly have no problem with it, I just choose not to eat it. 

and for the final question....

How can you not eat bacon?!?
     Well, as good as bacon is....personally, its not worth it for me. Of course, I enjoy the smell of bacon, and that's about enough for me. 


  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment