Monday, March 3, 2014

Enjoy The Taste of Eating Right: National Nutrition Month

March is National Nutrition Month, which is so exciting! This month is dedicated to eating nutritiously, and motivating people to make healthy changes in their life. I love that there is whole month dedicated to nutrition, something that I live everyday celebrating.

For the past three years, I have truly dedicated my life to not only studying and learning about good nutrition, but also to eating and living a more nutritious life. I also try to encourage, and motivate others to make steps to healthier eating. When I decided I wanted major in nutrition I had no idea that I would develop such a passion for this field, and for this career, but I'm so glad that I did.

The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is promoting this month, so you should definitely go check out their website/information about National Nutrition Month at http://www.eatright.org/nnm/#.UxQCPnm9ZuY
They've also provided a subject for us bloggers to discuss, and that is Enjoying the Taste of Eating Right. 

Personally, there is nothing more satisfying than biting into a big juicy cantaloupe, or crunching on fresh baby carrots, or sipping a sweet green juice, or slurping up a warm cauliflower soup, so eating right for me is pure enjoyment. I haven't always like to eat these foods, and in the past I would have been disgusted by the thought of cauliflower soup....much less anything that had to do with cauliflower. Enjoying the taste of eating right took time.



It took my taste buds getting used to different foods. I think that this is why so many people refuse to eat fresh, nature made foods, because their taste buds are so used to eating processed, fake, and chemical invested foods. All of these foods have become a huge part in our culture, and it may take a while for it to leave our taste buds.


That's why I'm a strong believer in  t r y i n g  new foods, different foods, fresh foods, natural foods, locally grown foods, good for you foods. The more times you try something, the more chances you'll grow to like it...trust me, it worked for me! Also, don't be scared to not like something. If you've tried tomatoes multiple times, and every time they've made you gag....then that's okay, you don't like tomatoes. But trying multiple times is what matters.


I enjoy the taste of eating right, because eating right makes me feel right. When I have my flax pumpkin oatmeal in the mornings I start the day feeling good. Not only does it taste amazing, but it makes me feel amazing for the rest of the day. Starting your day on a positive healthy breakfast will leave you feeling confident and feeling like you've already had success in your day.



Food and guilt is something that is a struggle in many people, including myself. Many people associate guilt and food, which can be dangerous to your mental health, as well as your physical health. It's important to not feel guilty when it comes to food, because food is supposed to be happy, and make you feel happy, from the inside out. So find your balance, and don't feel guilty when you indulge every now and then...especially if you're trying, because trying is all that matters.



So back to the question.....how do I enjoy the taste of eating right? I enjoy the taste of eating right by eating foods that make my body happy. I eat foods that are fresh, from the ground or from a tree, because theses are the foods that make me happy! That's how I enjoy eating right!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, hopefully your not too busy but i was wondering if you could give me some advice on nutrition and going vegetarian? If so is there somewhere i can email you, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hopefully going to be posting tips on becoming vegetarian, but if you have specific questions you can email me at simplyknitted00@gmail.com thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete