Monday, March 3, 2014

Sweet Potato Fries

Sweet potatoes, as you know are my one true love in life, so I try to find different ways to eat them. Roasting them is probably one of my favorites, they are so great with seasonings, or just plain. Also, they make for a great transportation for dip to my mouth. Yumm!

I encourage you, if you try this recipe, to experiment with different seasonings.
Some of my suggestions are:
     Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
     Chili powder, cumin, paprika
     Garlic, rosemary, sea salt, pepper

but definitely let your inner chef take control, and try whatever it's telling you!

Step One:

Wash/scrub your beautiful potatoes....and f.y.i. all of these potatoes were less than TWO DOLLARS!?!
   

Step Two:
Cut your potatoes in either sticks, like I did, or cubes. Try to keep them the same size so they can evenly cook. 


Step Three:
LIGHTLY spray your soon to be fries with olive oil spray, or even better, coconut oil spray.


Step Four:
Season those babies up! Use whatever types of seasonings your heart desires, and use as much or as little as you'd like. I used the Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning by McCormick, and I think it made them taste quite similar to Arby's curly fries....but then again, it's been a while since I've tasted an Arby's curly fry..


Step Five: 
Give them a shake, gently shake the pan to get all the fries seasoned...or you can just use your hands to move them around. 

Step Six: 
Put them in the oven (425 degrees) I usually leave them in there for around ten to fifteen minutes, depending on how small I cut them. But just keep checking on them every five minutes to make sure they don't burn. I like my fries super crispy, so I leave them in a little longer, but if you like yours not as crispy, then take them out sooner. 


Step Seven:
Let your fries cool off, if you can wait that long...


Step Eight:
Enjoy your delicious fries! I made these for my sister, along with some homemade mac and cheese (which will be featured in an upcoming post....so keep a look out!). 

Also, she wanted to dip hers in ranch, and I dipped mine in salsa. You could also use hummus, or balsamic vinegar, or really anything you'd like to dip them in....or just enjoy them by themselves. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment