Monday, February 24, 2014

Orange Ginger Smoothie

Thanks to Earth Fare, I got a free bag of oranges that I need eat. So after a long workout today, I decided I needed a smoothie that would rehydrate me and would be super sweet.....and this is what I came up with. 

Disclaimer: use frozen bananas, I didn't have any bananas that were frozen, so it wasn't as creamy. 

What you'll need:

  • three small juice oranges (or two large oranges)
  • two bananas (USE FROZEN, it is seriously so much better!) (also, make sure the skins are as spotty as possible!)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk- homemade is definitely better, but I didn't have any made :( 
  • ginger root- this is optional, but I think it gives it a little zing, plus it has tons of health benefits!
  • personally, I don't eat dairy, but if you, you can add in up to 1/2 cup of yogurt (plain/greek is suggested)
First....

    get all your ingredients together, obviously..
    also, the minion is optional, but I mean who would want to leave him out?!


Second....

Peel your oranges and remove the seeds. The little orange peeler I have is from Pampered Chef and is only 1 dollar! Definitely a great investment!



 Third....

Grate in your ginger. To use fresh ginger root, simply take a knife or vegetable peeler and remove the skin, then use a grater to grate the ginger. Fresh ginger can be stored in the freezer in a ziploc bag to keep it nice and fresh.


Fourth.....

Pour in your almond milk. I didn't really measure it, but guessed it was about a 1/4 cup. Also, if you'd like for it to be a little colder, add in some ice at this point as well. 


Fifth....

Put in your two bananas, and blend it all up!


Sixth....

Pour it into a jar, and enjoy! Yummmmmmm....











No comments:

Post a Comment